Bring each session:
1. A mask to wear during the course; gloves will be provided
2. Temperature checks and COVID practices within our job descriptions are followed
June 16th, 18th, 23rd, 25th, 30th, July 2nd, 7th, 9th, 14th, 16th, 21st, 23rd, 28th, 30th, 4th, 6th Test
Aug 4th Practice/Scenarios and Fisdap or equivalent testing. August 6th psychomotor Skills testing day.
Jan. 12,14,19,21,26,28, Feb. 2,4,9,11,16,18,23,25, March 2,4,9,11,16,18,20,25,30 April 1,6,8th Test
April 6th Scenarios and Practice NREMT equivalent testing. April 8th Psychomotor Skills testing.
*Students do not need to be 18 by the end of the course. * New NREMT age changes.
This course is based on Minnesota National EMS Education Standards that will govern the way you learn and practice EMS. This course meets the current American Heart Association guidelines for CPR and ECC.
We will be using the Emergency Care 14th edition, This is the most current selection of EMS practice and shows what the EMS systems and EMT’s are doing around the country.
Students will be taught to recognize, safely assess, and effectively manage crisis situations and patients of an emergency nature encountered in the field Pre-hospital setting. EMT’s can work in areas such as an Ambulance driver, Emergency Department, Clinic, EMS team for Fire, Police departments, Event work, and Transportation drivers.
EMT Blended course includes:
1. AHA BLS CPR course in class
2. Pearson Online program with eText, Multimedia, quizzes, flashcards, audio text, code is available for 2 years. You can access MyLab BRADY from Blackboard Learn, Bright space by D2L, Canvas, or Moodle.
3. 84 classroom hours with experienced EMT’s, Paramedics
4. Clinical experiences in a variety of settings
5. Practice NREMT equivalent testing for the NREMT test
6. Psychomotor skills exams
7. A SAVE A LIFE polo shirt for class sessions and for clinical shifts
8. A Background check
1. Required classroom uniform: Mask cloth or paper, SAL polo, and/or White short/long-sleeved dress shirt and/or EMT White shirt. EMS or dress pants, (Black or Navy). EMS boots or Black dress shoes or tennis shoes for the classroom.
2. Clinical uniform: Every student is required to wear SAVE A LIFE polo, EMS pants, and boots.
3. NREMT exam to be paid at the examination station of your choice. $80-100. Exam Type: Computer Adaptive, Questions: 70-120, Time Limit: 2 hours.home,pearsonvue.com/nremt
4. A paper textbook can be purchased for an additional fee, this is not a requirement.
When students have completed all required coursework of 100 hours of Classroom, 60+ hours of Online coursework, Clinical experiences, Passing of Psychomotor skills, and a passing score for the written exam and the pre-test for the NREMT prep test. The course is 160 hours approximately.
The student will receive:
1. Eligibility to take the National Registry’s Emergency Medical Technician exam.home,pearsonvue.com/nremt
2. After passing the NREMT exam you can fill out an application for the Minnesota Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board Certified valid for 2 years.
*Attendance/Cancellation policy must be read and signed and a Background check completed before acceptance into the program.
Bring to class day 1:
1. Laptop to redeem your eCode for the online and eText.
2. If current, your AHA BLS CPR card, then you will not need to complete CPR in our course.
Kitchenette onsite or restaurants are in the area.