EMR Refresher Course (Emergency Medical Responder/First Responder)
Bring each session:
1. A mask to wear during the course; gloves will be provided
2. Temperature checks and COVID practices within our job descriptions are followed
SAVE A LIFE TRAINING CENTER
1557 Coon Rapids Blvd NW Suite # 200
Coon Rapids, MN. 55433
The EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) Refresher is a vital part of the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) system. The EMR is trained to get there first-the point when a difference can be made between life and death.
The re-training you are about to undergo is focused on the knowledge and skills to save a life, to comfort a patient at the height of the crisis, and to provide care that flows seamlessly into the care given by emergency personnel on the ambulance.
The EMR Refresher course is 16 hours of classroom instruction to include: Lecture, NREMT requirements for the EMR, Skills review for the 5 practical skill stations.
*If you are current in your EMR certification you are not required to take the practical skills exam but practice in class.
We will cover Airway, Bleeding control, Cardiac arrest management, Vital signs, etc. Patient assessment is the main focus of this course.
EMR Refresher courses are:
- MN Board Peace Officer Post approved. CE’s are obtained with classroom attendance.
- Day and Weekends sessions. See online calendar for schedules.
- eBook or textbook can be purchased; This is not a requirement. Students can reuse their initial course text.
- AHA BLS Refresher CPR course, will be completed in class.
- Attendance/Cancellation policy signature required
EMR students to complete online prior to/or in class:
- http://emsrblm.mn.gov – Follow prompts of yes/no. sign in and fill out EMS application for new or refreshing certifications
- http://training.fema.gov/is/nims.aspx – FEMA certificates requirement for all new and refreshing students. Do the sections of: 100, and 700 Print off both certificates and bring to class. No testing of practical skills if this is not completed. If this is already completed just bring in copies
- cattonline.com -Online concussion training link, click the first chain link for medical professional; then start the course. When course is complete, you a will get a certificate. Bring this to class.
A kitchen is on-site and restaurants are in the area.