EMR Refresher Course (Emergency Medical Responder/First Responder)
Bring each session:
1. A mask to wear during the course; gloves will be provided
2. Temperature checks and COVID practices within our job descriptions are followed
SAVE A LIFE TRAINING CENTER
1557 Coon Rapids Blvd NW Suite # 200
Coon Rapids, MN. 55433
The EMR Refresher Course for emergency medical responders is a vital part of the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) system. The EMR is trained to get there first-the point when a difference can be made between life and death.
The re-training you are about to undergo is focused on the knowledge and skills to save a life. You will learn to comfort a patient at the height of the crisis, as well as provide care that flows seamlessly into the care given by emergency personnel on the ambulance.
The EMR Refresher course is 16 hours of classroom instruction. The course includes lecture, NREMT requirements for the EMR, and also Skills review for the 5 practical skill stations.
*If you are current in your EMR certification, then you are not required to take the practical skills exam. However, you will practice this in class.
We will cover Airway, Bleeding control, Cardiac arrest management, Vital signs, etc. Patient assessment is the main focus of this course.
EMR Refresher courses are:
- MN Board Peace Officer Post approved. CE’s are obtained with classroom attendance.
- Day and Weekends sessions. See online calendar for schedules.
- eBook or textbook can be purchased, but this is not a requirement. Students can reuse their initial course text.
- AHA BLS Refresher CPR course, will be completed in class.
- Attendance/Cancellation policy signature required
EMR students to complete online prior to/or in class:
- http://emsrblm.mn.gov – Follow prompts of yes/no. sign in and fill out EMS application for new or refreshing certifications
- http://training.fema.gov/is/nims.aspx – FEMA certificates requirement for all new and refreshing students. Do the sections of: 100, and 700 Print off both certificates and bring to class. No testing of practical skills if this is not completed. If this is already completed, then just bring in the copies.
- cattonline.com -Online concussion training link. Click the first chain link for medical professional, then start the course. When the course is complete, you a will get a certificate. Bring this to class.
A kitchen is on-site and restaurants are in the area.