EMT Hybrid Course (Emergency Medical Technician)
Bring each session:
1. A mask to wear during the course; gloves will be provided
2. Temperature checks and COVID practices within our job descriptions are followed
SAVE A LIFE Corporation 1557 Coon Rapids Blvd NW Suite # 200 Coon Rapids, MN. 55433
We will be using the Emergency Care, This is the most current selection of EMS practice and shows what the EMS systems and EMT’s are doing around the country.
Students will be taught to recognize, safely assess, and effectively manage crisis situations and patients of an emergency nature encountered in the field Prehospital setting. EMT’s can work in areas such as an Ambulance driver, Emergency Department, Clinic, EMS team for Fire, Police department, EMT Event work, and Transportation drivers.
The EMSRB requires:
Clear background checks on past criminal activities and must be eligible to take the National Registry board exam at the end of the course.
- MN Board Peace Officer Post approved. CE’s are obtained with classroom attendance.
- Day, Evenings, and Weekend sessions.
- See the online calendar for the current schedules.
Prior to the EMT course, each student must receive:
- Attendance/Cancellation policy
- Background check
- Uniform policy
Requirements that can be completed prior to course or day of:
- https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public – Create an account
- http://emsrblm.mn.gov – Follow prompts of yes/no. sign in and fill out EMS application for new or refreshing certifications
- http://training.fema.gov/is/nims.aspx – FEMA certificates requirement for all new and refreshing students. Do the sections of 100, and 700 Print off both certificates and bring to class. No testing of practical skills if this is not completed. If this is already completed just bring in copies
- https://cattonline.com/medical-professional/ -Online concussion training link, click the first chain link for medical professional; then start the course. When course is complete, you a will get a certificate. Bring this to class.
1. AHA Basic Life Support CPR.
2. 60+ hours with Pearson Online program with eText, Multimedia, quizzes, flashcards, audio text, code is available for 2 years. You can access MyLab BRADY from Blackboard Learn, Bright space by D2L, Canvas, or Moodle
3. 60+ classroom hours with experienced EMT’s, Paramedics
4. Clinical experiences in a variety of settings
5. 2 attempts of Fisdap or equivalent Pre-test for the NREMT test
6. Psychomotor skills exams
7. SAVE A LIFE polo shirt for class sessions and for clinical shifts