Emergency Medical Responder-EMR/First Responder Refresher Course
The Emergency Medical Responder/EMR Refresher is a vital part of the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) system. The EMR is trained to get there first-the point when a difference can be made between life and death.
The re-training you are about to undergo is focused on the knowledge and skills to save a life, to comfort a patient at the height of the crisis, and to provide care that flows seamlessly into the care given by emergency personnel on the ambulance.
The EMR Refresher course is 16 hours of classroom instruction to include: Lecture, NREMT requirements for the EMR, Skills review for the 5 practical skill stations.
*If you are current in your EMR certification you are not required to take the practical skills exam but practice in class.
We will cover Airway, Bleeding control, Cardiac arrest management, Vital signs, etc. Patient assessment is the main focus of this course.
EMR Refresher courses are:
- Day and Weekends sessions. See calendar for schedule.
- eBook or a textbook can be purchased for an additional fee. This is not required. Can reuse initial course text.
- BLS Refresher CPR in class.
- Attendance/Cancellation policy signature required
EMR students to complete online prior to/or in class:
- http://emsrblm.mn.gov – Follow prompts of yes/no. sign in and fill out EMS application for new or refreshing certifications
- http://training.fema.gov/is/nims.aspx – FEMA certificates requirement for all new and refreshing students. Do the sections of: 100, and 700 Print off both certificates and bring to class. No testing of practical skills if this is not completed. If this is already completed just bring in copies
- https://www.train.org/cdctrain/course/1091456/ -Click on the Online concussion training and then hit the Launch to start the course. When you have completed the course it will give you a certificate. Bring this to the class.
SAVE A LIFE TRAINING CENTER
1557 Coon Rapids Blvd Suite # 202
Coon Rapids, MN. 55433