BLS CPR Course; American Heart Association
NEW – Updated with 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC.
The AHA’s new BLS Course has been updated to include science and education from the 2020 Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. It teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both prehospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics.
In the Instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations.
Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing.
Students also complete a written exam
• Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
• The importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
• Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
• The importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- The technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants