BLS Instructors are authorized to teach all Heartsaver-level courses, including Heartsaver First Aid, Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED and Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED.
Heartsaver Instructors are authorized to teach all Heartsaver-level courses, including Heartsaver First Aid, Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED and Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED but not BLS courses.
Instructors must have a copy of the appropriate Instructor manual for the course that they are teaching.
It is also highly recommended that BLS Instructors review a copy of the student workbook for each course prior to teaching the course. And have those textbooks available at class for students to review/purchase.
The AHA requires that instructors be at least 16 years of age to teach Heartsaver and BLS courses
Must have a current card in Basic Life Support CPR from American Heart Association
Bring to course:
- Copy of current BLS certificate/card to class.
- A 3 ring binder for your instructor manual, if you purchased from SAL and will receive at class.
- Previously purchased current Instructor manual for review. Both manuals if you are going to teach BLS and Heartsaver courses. DVD’s are not required in class for review.
- A folder of handouts will be given at class.
- There will be a written exam.
- Please be prepared to review self and others for CPR skill levels, so dress appropriately.