This course is for people that frequent the outdoors, camp counselors, hikers, family trips to experience the outdoors and want to learn to be better prepared when EMS can be delayed. Minimum age to attend this course is 16 y.o.
Have a wilderness experience, meet new people that also love the outdoors and learn new skills.
Course topics include:
Preparation for help and Assessments; Scene and Patient Primary and Secondary
Preventing and Caring for Injuries and Illnesses; Controlling bleeding, Shock
Performing a Hands-on Physical Exam
Other Wilderness Considerations and many more
Certification in Adult CPR and AED is required.
CPR IS NOT REVIEWED IN THIS COURSE
Prior completion of a basic first aid class is strongly encouraged.
ASHI-approved training materials
• Student Book (one per participant; print or digital) This is included in the course fee
Recognized certification period
• Up to 2 years
Successful completion (certification)
• The certification card is included in course
• Performance evaluation: All students must perform required skills competently without assistance to receive a certification card
Recommended time to complete
• Initial training: Approximately 16 hours
Bring to class REQUIRED
• Food: Snacks and lunch. Refrigerator onsite
• Water for the day, excluding lunch. especially if the heat index is high
• Notebook, writing utensils pencil/pen
• Rain gear if needed; hat, jacket, pants, boots-hiking shoes
• Sunscreen, hat, appropriate clothing for heat
• Weather appropriate clothing. Wicking for heat/cold, wet
THIS COURSE WILL BE INDOORS AND OUTDOORS AND WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SHINE.
PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR ALL TYPES OF WEATHER, YOU MAY GET WET, DIRTY AND OR SWEATY
A Liability waiver form is required before attending this course
THIS COURSE WILL BE CANCELLED IF LESS THAN THE MINIMUM STUDENT PARTICIPANTS HAVE NOT BEEN MET