Bring each session:
1. A mask to wear during the course; gloves will be provided
2. Temperature checks and COVID practices within our job descriptions are followed
American Heart Association CPR Instructor Renewal course
April 9th and the Class monitor is April 16th, 9:30-1:30 PM
Pre-requisite before taking the Instructor course:
1. Current in the AHA Instructor course.
2. Proof of teaching 2 courses per year (4), for the last 2 years.
3. Current with an AHA Training Center.
Basic Life Support Instructor Renewal course, with the American Heart Association.
1. This is a 3+ hour Instructor course in a classroom setting.
2. 2-3 hours Online Essentials Instructor program fulfilled online. A certificate of completion is required if not already completed in your initial course.
At the end of this course, the instructor is able to teach the BLS course and all Heartsaver courses in CPR and First aid for the American Heart Association.
- Intended Audience: Current AHA Instructor
- Materials: Each Course is required to have an Instructor manual, student Manual, and DVDs or online equivalent. Instructor’s manuals include an Instructor CD; more than 300 pages of 4-color lesson maps. All manuals are 8 ½” X 11”, loose-leaf, and 3-hole-punched.
- Written/Skills Exam: Required for course completion, a score of 84% or better on written instructor test. Skill check off proficiency testing during the course.
- Course Completion Card: Valid 2 years. Required to instruct 2 courses per year (4), to remain current.
- Course Monitoring: Must be completed with an AHA Instructor either BLS or Heartsaver course, within 6 months. Monitoring form MUST be sent into Affiliate Faculty when completed, so it can be sent in with ALL paperwork from class to designated Training Center.