Tuesday, February 6
10:00am – 2:00pm
Weekly on Tuesday, Friday, until Apr 20th, 2018
Description: EMT Blended Course 160+ hours
*Students must be 18 by the end of the course.
This course is based on Minnesota & National EMS Education Standards that will govern they way your learn and practice EMS. This course meets the current American Heart Association guidelines for CPR and ECC.
We will be using the Emergency Care 13th edition, This is the most current selection of EMS practice and shows what the EMS systems and EMT’s are doing around the country.
Students will be taught to recognize, safely assess and effectively manage crisis situations and patients of an emergency nature encountered in the field Pre-hospital setting. EMT’s can work in arena’s such as an Ambulance driver, Emergency Department, Clinic, EMS team for Fire, Police departments, Event work and Transportation drivers.
Blended EMT course includes:
1. AHA BLS CPR online access for 2 years, skills only in class
2. Pearson Online program with eText, Multi media, quizzes, flash cards, audio text, code is available for 2 years. You can access MyLab BRADY from Blackboard Learn, Bright space by D2L, Canvas, or Moodle.
3. 60 classroom hours with experienced EMT’s, Paramedics.
4. Clinical experience in a variety of settings
5. 2 attempts of Fisdap or equivalent Pre-test for the NREMT test
6. SAVE A LIFE polo shirt for class sessions and for clinical shifts.
1. Required uniform: EMT/black dress pants, EMS boots/black shoes for classroom. At clinical’s, students must wear EMT pants/boots required.
2. NREMT exam to be paid at the examination station of your choice. $80. Exam Type: Computer Adaptive, Questions: 70-120, Time Limit: 2 hours.
3. A paper textbook can be purchased for an additional fee.
When students have completed all required course work of 80 hours of Classroom, 80 hours of Online course work, Clinical experience, Passing of 7 Psychomotor skills and a passing score for the Pre-test, Fisdap or equivalent.
The student will receive:
1. AHA BLS CPR course completion card valid for 2 years.
2. Eligibility to take the National Registry’s Emergency Medical Technician exam.
3. After passing the NREMT exam you can fill out an application for the Minnesota Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board Certified valid for 2 years.
*Cancellation policy and Terms and conditions must be read and signed before accepted into the program.
Bring to class day 1:
1. Laptop to redeem your eCode for the online and eText.
2. CPR SKILLS ONLY at class. Please bring a copy of your completed Heartcode certificate to class.
Kitchenette onsite or restaurants are in the area.