Bring each session:
1. A mask to wear during the course; gloves will be provided
2. Temperature checks and COVID practices within our job descriptions are followed
EMR course Mondays and Thursdays 5:30-9:30 PM
9 sessions with online work
Feb. 8th, 11th, 15th, 18th, 22nd, March 1st, 4th, 8th Test
Students will receive:
1. Pearson Online program with eText, Multimedia, quizzes, flashcards, audio text, code is available for 2 years. You can access MyLab BRADY from Blackboard Learn, Bright space by D2L, Canvas, or Moodle.
2. AHA BLS CPR will be completed in class.
3. 30+ hours of classroom instruction
A textbook/bundle can be purchased for an additional fee.
Students will learn to:
Recognize, safely assess, and effectively manage crisis situations and patients of an emergency nature encountered in the field pre-hospital setting until other EMS providers arrive to take over care.
Participate as a member of an organized pre-hospital emergency medical response team.
Bring to class day 1:
-Laptop or Ipad to Redeem your eCode for the online and eBook.
-Please bring a watch with a second hand to class each day.
When students pass this course they will receive:
1. AHA BLS CPR course completion card valid for 2 years
2. Pearson online program is valid for 2 years.
3. Minnesota Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board Certified valid for 2 years
4. Eligibility to take the National Registry’s First Responder exam
5. Eligibility to enroll in the Emergency Medical Technician-Basic course or the Bridge
Kitchenette On-site, Restaurants in the area.
* Attendance/Cancellation policy signature required.