The EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) is a vital part of the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) system. The EMR is trained to get there first-the point when a difference can be made between life and death.
The training you are about to undergo is focused on just that the knowledge and skills to save a life, to comfort a patient at the height of the crisis, and to provide care that flows seamlessly into the care given by emergency personnel on the ambulance.
The EMR blended program (48 hours total), includes classroom instruction 30 hours, lab time, 5 practical skill stations and a written exam.
We will cover Airway, Cardiac arrest management, Bleeding control, Back boarding, Splinting and Vital signs. Patient assessment is the main focus of this course.
EMR courses are:
- Day, Weekends and Evening sessions. See the calendar for schedules.
- AHA BLS CPR online access for 2 years, skills only in class; for New courses only. PLEASE bring a copy of your completed Heartcode online certificate to class.
- Pearson Online program with eText, Multimedia, quizzes, flashcards, audio text, code is available for 2 years. You can access MyLab BRADY from Blackboard Learn, Bright space by D2L, Canvas, or Moodle.
- Cancellation policy signature required.
EMR students to complete online prior to starting class:
- elearning course begins with a course key. A code will be sent to you prior to the start of class to complete the BLS CPR online
- This product is NON-REFUNDABLE once redeemed.
- You will receive an email from AHA to take the course. Expect the HeartCode® BLS course to take 2-3 hours online, with an exam. Print the completed certificate and bring to class.
- The eLearning component of BLS blended learning, this course uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills
EMR students to complete online prior to, or in class:
- http://emsrblm.mn.gov – Follow prompts of yes/no. sign in and fill out EMS application for new or refreshing certifications
- http://training.fema.gov/is/nims.aspx – FEMA certificates required for all new and refreshing students. Do the sections of 100, and 700 Print off both certificates and bring to class. No testing of practical skills if this is not completed. If completed just bring in copies
- https://www.cdc.gov/headsup/providers/index.html -Click on the Online concussion training and then hit the Launch to start the course. Do not leave the CDC website and go to the web. Stay within the CDC’s program. When you have completed the course it will give you a certificate. Bring this to the class
Course Completion Certificates and Eligibilities:
- Minnesota Department of Health EMR certified for 2 years
- Minnesota Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board Certified for 2 years
- Eligibility to take the National Registry’s EMR exam
- Eligibility to enroll in the Emergency Medical Technician
SAVE A LIFE TRAINING CENTER
1557 Coon Rapids Blvd Suite # 202
Coon Rapids, MN. 55433