EMT Refresher Course
**Must be a current EMT to take this course. No practical skills psychomotor stations, scenarios and hours only.
This course is based on EMS Education Standards that will govern they way we learn and practice EMS. This course meets the current American Heart Association guidelines for CPR and ECC.
The Emergency Care 13th edition, is the most current selection of EMS practice and shows what EMS systems and EMT’s are doing around the country. However, we must always follow our local protocols.
EMT’s are a member of an organized emergency medical services team. They Recognize, Safely assess and Effectively manage crisis situations and patients of an emergency nature encountered in the field of a Pre-hospital setting, Emergency Departments, Clinics, EMS team for Fire, Police departments, Event work and Transportation drivers.
The course will be covering the NCCP Model and receiving 20 hours NCCR and 4 hours for the LCCR/State. LCCR/State balance of 6 hours and ICCR 10 hours will be obtained on your own.
EMT Refresher course includes:
1. NCCP Model: NCCR 20 hours, LCCR/State 4 hours
2. Ability to obtain additional CE hours towards the NREMT
3. AHA BLS Heartcode online access for 2 years. This must be completed prior to
classroom. Skills only are in class
4. 24 hours of classroom lecture and skills with EMS Instructors
5. * Cancellation policy signature required
1. NREMT Renewal Fee: $15.00 https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public/document/emt-recert
2. $35.00 to purchase https://24-7.hsi.com Course online for additional CE’s,
access for 1 year.
3. A textbook or eText can be purchased if you do not have one from your original
Prior to the EMT course each student must complete:
- eLearning course begins with a course key. A code will be sent to you prior to start of class, so you can take the BLS CPR online.
- This product is NON-REFUNDABLE once redeemed.
- You will receive a email from AHA to take the course. Expect the HeartCode® BLS course to take 2-3 hours online, with an exam. Print the completed certificate and bring to class.
- The eLearning component of BLS blended learning, this course uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills
Required before enrolling:
1. https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public – Renew your account
2. http://emsrblm.mn.gov – Follow prompts of yes/no. sign in and fill out EMS application for new or refreshing certifications.
3. http://training.fema.gov/is/nims.aspx – FEMA certificates requirement for all new and refreshing students. Do the sections of 100b, and 700a. Print off both certificates and bring to class. No testing of practical skills if this is not completed. If this is already completed just bring in copies