EMT Blended Course
This course is based on Minnesota & National EMS Education Standards that will govern the way you learn and practice EMS. This course meets the current American Heart Association guidelines for CPR and ECC.
We will be using the Emergency Care 13th edition, This is the most current selection of EMS practice and shows what the EMS systems and EMT’s are doing around the country.
Students will be taught to recognize, safely assess and effectively manage crisis situations and patients of an emergency nature encountered in the field Pre- hospital setting. EMT’s can work in arenas such as an Ambulance driver, Emergency Department, Clinic, EMS team for Fire, Police departments, Event work and Transportation drivers.
Day and Weekend sessions. See online calendar for schedules.
Prior to the EMT course each student must complete:
- eLearning course begins with a course key. A code will be sent to you prior to start of class, so you can take the BLS CPR online.
- This product is NON-REFUNDABLE once redeemed.
- You will receive a email from AHA to take the course. Expect the HeartCode® BLS course to take 2-3 hours online, with an exam. Print the completed certificate and bring to class.
- The eLearning component of BLS blended learning, this course uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills
- https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public – Create an account
- http://emsrblm.mn.gov – Follow prompts of yes/no. sign in and fill out EMS application for new or refreshing certifications
- http://training.fema.gov/is/nims.aspx – FEMA certificates requirement for all new and refreshing students. Do the sections of: 100b, and 700a Print off both certificates and bring to class. No testing of practical skills if this is not completed. If this is already completed just bring in copies
EMT Blended course includes:
1. AHA BLS CPR online access for 2 years, skills only in class.
2. 60 hours with Pearson Online program with eText, Multimedia, quizzes, flashcards, audio text, code is available for 2 years. You can access MyLab BRADY from Blackboard Learn, Bright space by D2L, Canvas, or Moodle
3. 60 classroom hours with experienced EMT’s, Paramedics
4. Clinical experiences in a variety of settings
5. 2 attempts of Fisdap or equivalent Pre-test for the NREMT test
6. SAVE A LIFE polo shirt for class sessions and for clinical shifts